Tuesday, October 27, 2015

What's Making Me Happy This Month - October

What's making me happy this month?

Lots.

It's October, and as Anne says, " I'm so glad to live in a world where there are Octobers."


My morning walks never fail to stop me dead in my tracks at the stunning beauty that is set before me. Year after year. I am in awe at this rhapsody of colour. Happy is an understatement. 

Speed Book Dating is also making me happy this month. A little bit of fun I have with my Intermediate students. It makes me happy to see them meeting new books, new authors. 

We have been having some wonderful fun in the Library this month with nonfiction picture books. This is definitely making me very happy. 

A half hour sitcom, once a week, to make me laugh: The Grinder, on Fox. I knew I would like Rob Lowe, but didn't suspect that Fred Savage would be so funny.

A new-to-me podcast is making my drive to school a lot quicker these days: Missing Maura Murray.  If you were a fan of Serial, and are waiting for something to fill the void before Season 2, I recommend this one.

After a summer hiatus, Book Club is back on. I look so forward to reading and discussing big people books with this fun group of ladies. I just finished Lisa Genova's Inside the O'Briens. The Huntington's was a little frightening, but I loved the characters in the novel.

As October draws to a close, I have found lots to be happy about in this beautiful month. How about you? What's making you happy this month?





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story!